This policy covers how Fombr, Inc., ("Fombr," "we," "us," or "our") treats personal information that it collects and receives on www.Fombr.com. We are not in the business of selling information about you: we use information shared with us for the sole purpose of running and improving our services. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Gather
- Fombr collects personal information when you register with us, use Fombr products or services or post content on a Fombr website or blog. This information is limited to your email address, username, and any information you post on your site. Your password is stored securely using a salted, variable work factor, one-way hash function.
- Fombr may also collect personal information if you enter into promotions or sweepstakes.
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used to
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting Fombr's web sites from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
- We also collect other user information as part of our internal analytics services, in order to improve the services.
- When signing up for the affiliate program, Fombr may collect additional details in order to process payments and comply with tax law, which may include your social security number or EIN, your address, and other information as appropriate.
- Fombr uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, support, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
Should you sign up for a Fombr account and purchase our service, we will redirect you to Paypal to finish your payment. We will not collect any of your private billing data, everything will be processed solely by Paypal.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Fombr and our affiliates, partners and service providers such as marketing and customer support partners, and service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
- Fombr does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Fombr web sites, products and services with others except as described in this policy.
- We do not share, sell, rent or trade personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Fombr may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the Fombr products and services, or to do something that you have asked us to do. We use other third parties such as a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for promotional purposes.
- From time to time, Fombr or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on Fombr. You may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. This information will be used strictly for the purpose of notifying and arranging delivery of promotional items to the person selected.
- When you register for Fombr, we collect user-submitted account information such as username and email address to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service.
- When you post content on a Fombr website or blog, you have the ability to post content which may include personal information about yourself.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, like blogs, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Fombr may share personal information about you under the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
Fombr may revise, modify or update this policy. We will notify you about significant or material changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular Fombr account or by placing a prominent notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your account information is password-protected. Additionally, your account's password is stored using a salted, variable work factor, one-way hash algorithm.
- In certain areas, Fombr uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions (such as when entering credit card details). However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If Fombr learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Fombr or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
- You can access and edit your account information with Fombr at any time. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
- You can delete your applicable account by visiting the applicable account deletion page; we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
- If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete such information by making the change on our user home page, or by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com.
If you have a privacy concern regarding Fombr, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of those sites, products or services, you can write to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on April 2015.